Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Merry Christmas…oops! Happy Holidays Everybody!

In order to be politically correct the majority of Americans are politely being asked to refer to December 25th as “Holidays” instead of “Christmas.”

This has caused quite a bit of work for me since I am the Program Director of Froggy 99.9.

I’ve had to go through all our music and change song titles. During this “Holiday” season you will hear the following classics on Froggy 99.9:

I can’t decide which version is better…Vince Gill’s or Martina McBride’s “White Holiday.”

The Brenda Lee classic (and LeAnn Rimes remake) will now be called, “Rockin’ Around the Holiday Tree.”

What about everybody’s favorite Vince Gill song “Have Yourself a Merry Little Holiday.”

Pete Moss just loves Dolly Parton’s “Hard Candy Holiday.”

We should probably change the Oak Ridge Boys classic (and Kenny Chesney remake) to “Thank A Higher Power For Kids.”

Jeff Foxworthy’s funny take on the Holidays will be referred to as “The Redneck 12 Days of Holidays.”

Admit it, you get a warm feeling inside every time you hear Martina McBride’s “I’ll Be Home For the Holidays.”

And we can’t forget about my favorite Elvis song, “Blue Holidays”

“Merry Holidays Darlin’”…one of my mom’s favorites from The Carpenters!

You should hear Lilly Pad crank the studio speakers every time she plays Suzy Bogguss’ “Two Step ‘Round The Holiday Tree.”

And let’s not forget about George Strait’s “Holiday Cookies!”

I’d like to continue…but I’m not finished with the changes yet. Check back next week for the new “Holiday” movies list.

-Hoppy Gilmore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home