Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lilly Pad: It's My Turn To Talk Christmas Music!

Okay, Gilmore has been on this blog twice already about Christmas music...so now it's my turn!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas music! I have it cranked at the house whenever I'm wrapping gifts (which seems to take me about 12 weeks) and when I'm decorating, baking, writing on cards. Oh, wait a minute; I haven't been doing ANY of that this year! Anyway, the thing that puzzles me about a few Christmas songs is some of the lyrics. For example, in "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", they sing of "scary ghost stories"...just what season is this anyway??? Or how about the Beach Boys, "Little St. Nick" where the lyrics are "Christmas comes this time each year"...duh! My absolute favorite is "Here Comes Santa Claus" with the line that goes, "so let's give thanks to the Lord above, 'cuz Santa Claus comes tonight!" What?????

One more thing, songs that aren't about Christmas, but this is the only time of the year we hear them. "Hard Candy Christmas", "Thank God for Kids" and "My Favorite Things" to name a few, BUT I'm not complaining, because I LOVE hearing them...ALL year!!

Hope your holidays are "merry and bright"!

Lilly

PS What are the names of the other reindeer sung about in "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer"?

1. "Olive" the other reindeer....

2. As they shouted out with "Glee"!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home